Gaming and education app developing studio MyDream Interactive has announced an interactive gaming app that features minigames to educate users of all ages in subjects including standardized test preparation, blockchain, cybersecurity, sustainability, and social/emotional learning.
Called Adoraboos, the app was developed by longtime children’s education advocate and gaming entrepreneur Allison Huynh. The goal of the app, which is available on iOS and Google Play, is to fill education gaps caused by the interruption of schools due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether students are at home or in-class, the app can help them learn in a fun atmosphere.
“Adoraboos, the titular characters for the game, are virtual learning characters within the app who make learning from home more enjoyable for the user,” MyDream said. “Users of all ages can quickly and easily play minigames to boost vocabulary and technical skills in multiple subjects during free moments throughout the day. Adoraboos can be used to participate in a special gaming challenge where they can improve through level ups, as well as earning new hats, glasses, masks, clothes, and paintbrushes to make them look their best! The app’s minigames are part of a progressive learning system where users are able to discover and retain knowledge by being able to start with the introduction to a term, learning how to spell it, learning the definition, and finally matching the term to the definition, all while charging their Adoraboo’s darts to prepare for a greater challenge that challenges their understanding of terms with a contextual assertion quiz.”
Featured games include:
- Dragger – Drag through matching block types to form the highlighted term, as a way to learn the term and its definition for the first time.
- Definitions – Assemble the definition for the provided term from assorted phrase fragment tiles, to reinforce memorization of the definition.
- Decipher – Unscramble the highlighted term from the assortment of letters on screen, which helps with practicing the spelling of the terms.
- Quiz Game – Answer the multiple-choice quiz by selecting the definition that matches the highlighted term, which helps to make sure the terms and their definitions are being associated with one another.
- Adora-Battle – When an Adoraboo’s darts are charged up from completing minigames, they can challenge an opponent in the Adora Battle, where the goal is to pop the opponent’s balloons without having yours popped first! Winning allows Adoraboos to level up, gaining more balloons, darts, and chances to spin the wheel for new attire and paintbrushes!
“The effects of COVID-19 around the world have been devastating to our world health, economy, and education systems, leaving billions of students worldwide with little to no access to education,” said Huynh. “As a mother and entrepreneur, I’ve dedicated much of my work to providing educational gaming tools for kids, and I’m truly excited to introduce The Adoraboos–a fun, creative learning tool that can help address the current education crisis as many students prepare to stay home instead of going back to their school’s campus. Adoraboos offers an ever growing collection of learning modules to increase technical vocabulary and build a broad cumulative knowledge base. While we don’t know when schools will reopen, we hope this app can help keep students on track and provide some relief for parents concerned about their children’s education.”
Source: Read Full Article